Friday, April 7, 2017

TOE week 32: I got a rock



I improved on the time gate give it some more doodads. That was the start of the week. The rest of the week was listening to a pod cast and drawing rocks. Lots and lots of rocks. Then shading them. Shading lots and lots of rocks. I made a room for my time gate. 

At first I made this room from scratch in blender, cast UVs using my now greater understanding of them only to find out that what I did was again a waste of time. The new UVs were a different size than the old UVs and that can cause all kinds of problems especially down the road. So tossed that file and opened the old collision set and built the room out of that. Then I had to edit these UVs to then be the room instead of the old collision. This wasn’t difficult so much as it was tedious. Again blenders UVs tools are either bad, or I don’t know how to properly use them, or both are true making a perfect storm of disaster. 

I set up a rainbow bridge in the new UVs quickly to see if it was compatible with the old collision visually. And it was, GREAT something that worked out. Then I started to draw the cave that this was supposed to be. That is when I started drawing rocks so many rocks. 

Many rocks and two podcasts later I had a cave. However I did need a way to connect that cave to the older collision via a conversion piece. Also I never made a ceiling set of artwork for my collision because it didn’t seem necessary at the time. Might need one in the future.
So anyway this is: Time Gate in Cave plus rocks. 



I also had some cool people over who I got to show off my game to. I put it up on the TV and getting to see it like that was pretty awesome. It was like it was a real game or something. All and all it was a very good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment